Monday 7 January 2013

The Amazing Art of Emily Balivet

It's not often that I find pagan art that I really admire, but lately I'm just swooning over the artwork of the amazingly talented Emily Balivet.

Aphrodite
Her work is mainly pagan, fantasy, and faerie-based, and is inspired by Art Nouveau, pre-Raphaelite, and the 60's psychedelic art movement.

Beltane Reunion
As well as more general medieval and pagan images, she has a stunning array of Goddesses across several pantheons, including Celtic, Roman, Greek, and Hindu.

Saraswati
You can find a wide range of sizes and prices in her Etsy shop, from $3 ACEO Altar art, right up to $1500 original canvases. I treated myself to a greeting card sized print of the stunning Snow Queen, who just cried out Frau Holda (a goddess dear to my heart) to me.

Snow Queen
I can't wait til it comes and I can display it proudly on my altar! I think I may build a collection of these for the changing seasons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment